Sunday, August 28, 2011

2011 Yankees Universe Special Event

So as a member of the Yankees Universe Fan Club, we were invited to attend a special event.  The special event is a meet and greet with some previous Yankees players from the past.  It was a pretty good event which included field level seats in the outfield.  So for all you fans out there who are members or thinking about joining let me give you a detailed description of our day...

So the event was scheduled for Aug 23, 2011 at 2:30pm.  Now if your from the tri-state area, you'll also know that this was the day of the earthquake.  My wife and I did not feel anything.  Maybe it was because we may have been on the GWB or maybe we were just excited.  Anyway we arrived at around 2-2:15pm. After parking we cross the street and see this long,long,long line. It was from gate 6 to gate number 4.  So if you frequent at the stadium, you realize how long that is.  The line did start moving at exactly 2:30 but moved along slowly.




















We got to the gate around 3:30 received our tickets and passes.  As your walking in, you start to see tables set up with players.  They stated that we should stop at each table take pictures and get autographs.












The first person we met was John Flaherty.  He seemed pretty nice and chatted with people during the signing and pictures.
























He seemed to be happy to be there not like the other player mentioned later.  We chatted up a few things.  I asked him if he was calling the game today and he said he was actually off.  Like I said it seemed like wanted to be there.  Would you want to go to your office if you were off??.


After Mr. Flaherty, my wife asked me who was the next guy at the table.  It was hard to tell cause I could not recognize him.  I told my wife that I wasn't sure but we should still get his autograph and take a picture. Can anyone guess who he was?












Finally realized who he was when I read his autograph.  He signed it with number "45".
That's right, Cecil Fielder.  He looked different from the last time I saw him on TV or even the Yankees classic games on YES.  He didn't seem all to happy to be there but he was nice but not as talkative.

Then came the next player.  This was the guy I was excited to meet and take a picture with.  I saw him since we were outside in the heat waiting on line.




















TINO MARTINEZ






















Tino was really nice.  I told him that it was cool that he hit that homerun during old-timers day. He said that it felt really great to hit one and run around the bases.  I shook hands with him before and left and took this picture.

The last person who was there was Brian Cashman.  I wasn't sure how I felt about this but he to was a nice guy who chats it up.  I wanted to ask him all these questions but I knew he wouldn't answer so I just ask a simple question...Whats next for you?  He just looked at me and smiled.













After Cashman, one of the employees told us what was next.  We can sit in the field level between section 12 and 110 in right field.  So here is my advice.  If you want to try to get more autographs, you are better off trying to get to the front row in section 12.  When we were there David Robertson signed some autographs.  I did not get one cause by the time I went from RF to that side it was already packed.  By the time I got to the bottom he was already done signing.  My plan was to try to get at least one baseball hit or tossed to me.


































So while standing in Right Field seats, came close a few times but it was crowded.  I did get a ball tossed to me by Hector Noesi.

Here are some of the autographs I got from that day.











































So overall, it was worth the paying for the membership since you get to go to an event and watch a game  plus they give field level seats behind home plate at a different game.

So here is some information you will want.

Parking is a whopping $35 at the parking lot
Get there early so you can be ahead in the line.  Cashman left early and some people only got 2-3 autographs.
Only one food stand is open until the stadium opens at 5pm.
Bring water if its a hot day.  Cause you will be out in the sun while on line.
You are allowed at your sits at 5pm so if your tickets are for left field, start walking towards there so you can try to get a ball from the players before anyone else is there.


Hope this was somewhat informative.

7 comments:

  1. 2:15. But get there earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After getting autographs/photos - did they allow you to immediately go to the seats between Section 12 and 110?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can go to those seats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come they let u take pics. They told me to put my camera away

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pissed off. U spend all that money and u cant even take a damm pic. Now i have no proof showing my autographs are real

    ReplyDelete